Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So Much Accomplished in So Little Time

It is hard to believe that in just over a week in Japan we have:

  1. Gone through the indoctrination class for the base
  2. Found a place to live
  3. Found a vehicle to drive
  4. Found good food
  5. Found interesting people and places to visit

At the top of my list is the new home – it is incredible. It is close to base (<15 minutes driving time). It is spacious (equivalent of 4 bedrooms). Close to a park (I think that is Coheem in Japanese). Beautiful view (we can see the harbor in Sasebo where my ship is moored from the bedroom windows).

It looks like, although a home has been found, I will not actually reside in it for a while – you gotta' love the Navy. Madre will get the joy of receiving our household goods on her on. I will simply come home at some point in the future to try to figure out where my socks and underwear are.

No comments: